[Home] [Weblog] [The Bibliothecary] [Driving the Quill] [Library][Bookmarks]

Sunday, January 1, 2006

Footnote

Your Bibliothecary, having little experience in blogging, wondered recently why we pose numerous questions and receive no comments. Today we stumbled quite by accident upon a whole cache of comments awaiting our approval. All have been activated, and the situation has been rectified. To all of you who have left comments, I apologize and thank you sincerely. Perhaps now we can begin to better develop the blogger/commentor relationship.

4 comments:

  1. I was wondering about that. It was like the blog equivalent of the Bermuda Triangle. Spooky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering too - namely, why pose such interesting open-ended questions and then not publish comments? Glad to see the blog/comment relationship has been resolved.

    ReplyDelete
  3. THANK GOODNESS! I was really beginning to wonder. Here you are, posing excellent, insightful questions. I would respond with what I hoped were equally insightful responses and...poof...nothing. I would wonder -- do other people respond? Do you simply want us to not know what other people are thinking? Are my replies so inane that you would not dare to have them disgrace your blog publicly so they've been deleted?

    Very puzzling indeed.

    Now that I know its rectified, I'm mortified for you! What must that have been like...posting and posting and posting without a single response. I'm guessing there were at least a few moments when it crossed your mind that blogging was for the birds (or at least, the extremely secure!).

    Cheers to a new year and finding all those comments -- I think that's an excellent omen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was wondering about it too but thought it was probably just me, that I had goofed and pressed the wrong button or something, since I usually comment clandestinely at work :)

    ReplyDelete